20.3.07

Toilet-centric vocabulary

OK, this is probably because I am having a shitty day - working on an uninteresting topic, having to iron two dozens of shirts, getting along with a damn cold... that I suddenly realised some language oddity.

In French, when something pisses you off... well, you don't piss. However it remains close. The "proper" expression is "├ža me fait chier" (it makes me defecate).

I must admit I prefer the English expression, especially since I have discovered this website. In a few clicks, you can travel around some of the weirdest urinaries in the world. Like this one:

So to be honest, with such toilets you can still be pissed off, but at least happily.

1 comment:

  1. garvank11:57 pm

    I shall remember the French phrase - I'm sure it will be useful in the future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete