20.3.07

Toilet-centric vocabulary

OK, this is probably because I am having a shitty day - working on an uninteresting topic, having to iron two dozens of shirts, getting along with a damn cold... that I suddenly realised some language oddity.

In French, when something pisses you off... well, you don't piss. However it remains close. The "proper" expression is "ça me fait chier" (it makes me defecate).

I must admit I prefer the English expression, especially since I have discovered this website. In a few clicks, you can travel around some of the weirdest urinaries in the world. Like this one:

So to be honest, with such toilets you can still be pissed off, but at least happily.

1 comment:

  1. garvank11:57 pm

    I shall remember the French phrase - I'm sure it will be useful in the future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete